Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
158
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,091 Posts1,056,387 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 | looking for bolters in the detroit and surrounding area like to get together and cruise and talk trucks call 313-995-2768 my name is keith | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 798 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 798 | Keith--
I think it would be great if we could get fellow Michiganders together. It would be a lot of fun to get people together in a central location for a meet. Might I suggest Houghton Lake?
LUKE | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 | might be a good idea,you have a great looking truck, i have seen it in a lot of magizines,you did a good job on it,is't your truck over by westbranch, i use to have a cottage by elbow lake,we go up their to check out the area ,now and again have to find out where you are at? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 798 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 798 | | | | | | Joined: May 2011 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2011 Posts: 21 | Hi Keith! Just giving you a shout out to let you know there are fellow bolters in your area. I am from Jeddo up in the Port Huron area. My '64 C-10 is currently tore to pieces and I won't be ready for cruising for this summer. I plan to have the restoration done by this October. When next summer rolls around I will be ready. Stay in touch. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 | maybe this summer i can stop by and look at your project we camp up in lakeport at the state park in august,have to get together to talk trucks. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 | there must not be any stovebolters in the detroit area,i was hoping to find some to cruise with in the area,i seen a few trucks out on the downriver cruise last weekend,i was out there all day on saturday and friday night ,had a good time. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 | this saturday is the michigan ave. cruise and on july 28 is the telegraph cruise, we like to cruise up here in michigan. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 | Where do you want to meet up on July 28. I'll go, that's if it doesn't rain. (I live on a dirt road) in Saline, Michigan. I cruised Telly from Van Born to 8 Mile in my younger years in the 1960's and early 70's. I also do the Woodward Dream Cruise every year. I usually go down there from Wednesday thru Saturday. I'll do the Berkley Parade on Friday evening. Can't make the Michigan Ave. cruise. I have other commitments.
1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 | if you cruised telagraph in the 60-70 you must have went to paco's tacos on tel.and west chicago, i am going to be out of town on the 28 of july ,so i am going to miss the cruise,we could have got together for the downriver cruise on fort st. we had a blast a lot of trucks out there that day. what year is your truck? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 | My truck is a 1939 3/4 Ton Stake. All stock. Restored it over 35 years ago. Still driving it, don't trailer it. Didn't stop in too many drive-ins back when. Was too busy running our rides from light to light, and watching for cops. I had a 66 Chevelle Super Sport and my friend a 67 Camaro. We ran Telly every Friday and Saturday evening. The last vehicle I ran was a 35 Chevy coupe with a 261 six, dual exhaust and dual carbs. The 261 had enough power to lift the front end off the ground. I miss that ride.
1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 12 | Hey there!
We (my son and I) are just starting to disassemble his 1950 3100. Would love to meet a talk to locals for advice and encouragement!
Michael and Jacob savage | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 | Any of you guys cruising Telegraph July 28? If it doesn't rain I'll be there.
1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 | where in the detroit area are you, would like to get together and talk trucks,do you go to any car cruises or swap meets in the area? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 | I live outside Saline, MI. Cruised Telegraph and had a good time. I'll be going to the Woodward Dream Cruise too. I'll be there Thursday thru Saturday. I stay at a friends home in Berkley. My phone number is 734-429-1353. Was at Walker's Tavern in Brooklyn this past Saturday with the 39. There was a 51 and 54 AD there. The 54 had 10,000 original miles. Nice truck. Rick
1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 12 | We are in Troy-missing cruise this year... | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 | Heading for the Woodward Dream Cruise Aug. 16, Thursday. Be in that area thru Saturday. Any of you guys going to be there?
1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 5 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 5 | This year will be the first one in years that I'll miss. Docs found a benign tumor on my spine last month and I'm dealing with recovery. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 | The Woodward Dream Cruise was a good one this year. Nice weather, temps in the 70's, sunny skies. Lots of AD's there. Modified, unrestored, restored. All beaut's to a stovebolter. When there's 35-40,000 classic vehicles, you can't possibly see them all. Over 1.5 million spectators. I put 300 miles on the 39 in the last 3 days. No mishaps, except when coming home my radio died 4 miles from home.
1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 | how was the cruise? this weekend is the cruizeinthepark hope to see a lot of people there? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 | summer is coming to a close real soon it is nice to see other trucks out the last week,i saw a nice 1949 Gmc at the friday night cruise at sears, also saw a nice 1954 chevy p.u. with a auto. trans do not see to many of those around,also it was a deluxe cab nice to talk to him he got the truck from georgia. hope other truckers get their trucks out? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 | | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 798 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 798 | Ain't no party like a Detroit party!  | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 | HOPE TIGERS CAN BEAT THE GIANTS IN THE WORLD SERIES | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 76 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 76 | I'm in the Lansing area and would really like to meet other Bolters. Just got my 59 on the the road in time to put it away for the winter. Really looking forward to driving it in the spring. As for the Tigers, they have to get them bats going, losing the first two is hard to take. Hope it's not another 06.
Mike
Last edited by martinmikey; 10/27/2012 5:16 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 | | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 798 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 798 | Wait 'til next year...go Tigers! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 37 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 37 | I like that idea. Name a time, date and place so we can plan on it. I'll be unable to go May 13th thru May 20th. Dave
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 | summer is here cruises are started sears on friday nights in lincoln park, big boys in flat rock,all the cruises are listed in the crisenews hope to see a lot of trucks | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 298 | hope to see a lot of trucks out on the downriver cruise,sat,june 29. | | |
| |