| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,427 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 82 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 82 | Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm looking to swap my SM420 with an early model GM NV4500. Also, I already have a early 80's 350 sbc installed. The tranny comes with SBC bellhousing, inspection plate, clutch fork and shift lever. I know I'll have to shorten the driveline and move the trans crossmember. Question is, is there any thing else that I'll need to do/purchase? Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 1,571 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 1,571 | It's most likely set up for a hydraulic clutch, so you'll need the master cylinder and some lines, unless you can adapt the hydraulic fork to your original linkages. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 82 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 82 | Thanks, I definately overlooked that part. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 1,775 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 1,775 | Would you be able to use an early bellhousing with a NV4500, and not have to upgrade to hydraulic clutch? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | There is no need to run hydraulic clutch if you run an adapter plate behind a standard 4 speed bellhousing. However if you run an adapter plate, it is easier to use the Dodge NV4500 which has a pilot shaft that is 1 inch longer than the gm pilot shaft. | | |
| |
| |