The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Rusty Heaps, Otto Skorzeny, Bill Hanlon), 123 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,381
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 109
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 109
Hey all! Maybe someone can help me out. I have 4 complete 250 engines (3 run), and want to know if certain heads are better than others. I'm looking for good power and flow...... not drag racing, but street driving. Did GM do different things to different heads, like with the V8s? What should I look for? Numbers, castings,....

Thanks in advance! grin


John Kennedy
1950 Suburban street rod
Pics in the Gallery.......
new site up!
http://home.joimail.com/~kennedyjp/
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 234
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 234
To start, there are two basic kinds of 250 heads - integral, and manifold style. With the integral head ('76 and later?) the carb bolted directly onto the head, and these are generally considered worth their weight in cast iron (meaning - not worth anything). Very poor performance.

The non-integral head had a few variations, mostly changes to accomodate emissisions changes. Sorry, I don't have serial #'s but I do remember a post a month or two ago on this same topic - try searching the archives.

-Boyo


'48 Willys CJ-2A / '55.1 Chevy 3600 / '66 Austin-Healey 3000 / '04 Volvo wagon (parenthood!?)
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 206
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 206
We recently added a tech page at Inliners
with casting numbers and CC volumes. Maybe this will help.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 109
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 109
Cool! Thanks I'll try both these ideas.. I didnt even think of the integral ones, mine's definetly NOT integral! grin


John Kennedy
1950 Suburban street rod
Pics in the Gallery.......
new site up!
http://home.joimail.com/~kennedyjp/

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0