| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,376 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 109 Member | | Member Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 109 | Hey all! Maybe someone can help me out. I have 4 complete 250 engines (3 run), and want to know if certain heads are better than others. I'm looking for good power and flow...... not drag racing, but street driving. Did GM do different things to different heads, like with the V8s? What should I look for? Numbers, castings,.... Thanks in advance! 
John Kennedy 1950 Suburban street rod Pics in the Gallery....... new site up! http://home.joimail.com/~kennedyjp/
| | | | | Joined: May 2000 Posts: 234 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2000 Posts: 234 | To start, there are two basic kinds of 250 heads - integral, and manifold style. With the integral head ('76 and later?) the carb bolted directly onto the head, and these are generally considered worth their weight in cast iron (meaning - not worth anything). Very poor performance.
The non-integral head had a few variations, mostly changes to accomodate emissisions changes. Sorry, I don't have serial #'s but I do remember a post a month or two ago on this same topic - try searching the archives.
-Boyo
'48 Willys CJ-2A / '55.1 Chevy 3600 / '66 Austin-Healey 3000 / '04 Volvo wagon (parenthood!?)
| | |
#8454 11/18/2002 10:36 PM | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 206 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 206 | We recently added a tech page at Inliners with casting numbers and CC volumes. Maybe this will help. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 109 Member | | Member Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 109 | Cool! Thanks I'll try both these ideas.. I didnt even think of the integral ones, mine's definetly NOT integral! 
John Kennedy 1950 Suburban street rod Pics in the Gallery....... new site up! http://home.joimail.com/~kennedyjp/
| | |
| |
| |