Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Nick in Manitou, Gray_Ghost, Shade Baby, J Lucas, TUTS 59, Bill Hanlon, papas52, 2 invisible),
120
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,313 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | Do any of you work in a parts store? The stores up here are EXTREMELY limited on having GOOD help. I'm installing a Mopar suspension under my Chevy powered '53 F100 and am having difficulty finding the correct strut rod bushings. Federal Mogul lists 3 different parts: K7026, K7016A and K7068. Overall diameter and rubber shoulder diameter (2 part bushing/one slides into the other at the frame bracket) would be very helpful. Thanks and please save the MOPAR & Ford comments...I already know I have a mental condition.
Last edited by 5wests; 04/20/2012 5:05 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy 5wests, go to RockAuto and do a part number search using Moog as the manufacturer. You can bring up pictures of the bushings, unfortunately no dimensions, hopefully you can pick them out by design. They are all quite different in design, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | Thanks 3B but I need dinemsions. The ones I have look similar to the ones I ended up getting in the mail yesterday but they're about an inch smaller in outer diameter. Most importantly, the shoulder that goes through the frame bracket is 1.5 inches and the new ones came in at 1-1/8 inches. Nobody stocks them up here so I have to order from the lower 48 and want to make sure I get the right ones this time. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy 5wests, could you at least tell us what the suspension pieces are off of? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 123 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 123 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 123 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 123 | | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | Sorry. The suspension is off a 1974 Dodge Coronet. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | Joe Apple, I'm keeping that one for future use but it doesn't help for now. Those bushings are for control & idler arms and have the metal exterior case. The strut rod bushings on the Mopar donor parts I have are all rubber with a metal sleeve over the strut rod. Great material to have for reference though. Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 123 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 123 | | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | I even called Energy Suspension. After 4 left messages and no return calls, my fifth call finally got me to the tech "Guru"; Kevin. He wasn't able to help because they only mass produce the high use bushings. The search continues. I may end up just taking them to a dealership (any brand) and see what they can get me that's close. I can shim the difference if they're not thick enough. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | I cleaned the OEM bushings with an old toothbrush today and was able to make out part numbers while they were wet and in the sun. Chrysler part numbers are: 3722465 and 3722466. I can't seem to cross them over. MOOG K7085 is close but doesn't have a male/female bushing. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 123 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 123 | I tried a Google search for "3722465 bushing" and got several hits. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | A "hit" doesn't constitute a part and Google isn't in the automotive parts industry. If you come up with something solid, please provide a URL. Thanks, Don
Last edited by 5wests; 04/24/2012 1:22 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | Wow. I just re-read my last post with a new perspective. Sorry Joe, I must have been feeling a bit eeeehawww' frustrated at the time I wrote that. I found a place in California "Rare Parts Inc." and am waiting to hear back from their tech guy on some of the bushing dimensions they handle. Thanks for taking the time to look Joe! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | After a few calls and emails to Glen at Rare Parts Inc., I have a good part number from them. 15704 is the part number and the entire strut rod bushing kit was $37 plus shipping. These folks were great to deal with over the phone. I hope their product is as good as their customer service and technical support. http://www.rareparts.com/ There's a link to their catalog when you click "Buy Online". | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 187 | Received my bushings in the mail yesterday. They are excellent quality & fit plus they are MADE IN AMERICA! I'll be bookmarking http://www.rareparts.com/ . They even offer one-off services. I get excited when I find quality pieces parts made right here. I wish the big box parts stores would get it....quality counts. Even NAPA (used to carry parts you could count on) has resorted to overseas suppliers. I guess they figured they had to in order to keep up with the competition. | | |
| |