| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,082 Posts1,056,303 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | I know others have posted web sites they like to purchase various auto electrical parts, i.e. bulk wiring, connectors, tools, etc; but,I never booked marked them. Would any Stovebolters care to offer them up again? Thanks.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | here are 2 to start out YnZ wire Rhode Island wire | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Thanks! Both have what I am looking for. I bookmarked them too.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | I used YNZ's harness and other parts. I recommend them for those wanting the original look. I found my harness was just a bit more expensive through RIW.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 575 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 575 | I was curious what the harness would cost so I looked it up on the YnZ site... http://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/pdfs/Chevrolet.pdfLate 1947-49* 1/2t. . ...........................................672.00 Late 1947-49 3/4t., 1t, 1 1/2t..................................672.00 Late 1947-55* 1/2t. 1st Ser. Turn Signal................170.00 1948* 2t.................................................................707.00 Am I reading that right? I have a '49 with no turn signals - what am I looking at? Mark | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | The cloth covered, original looking, harnesses are made by hand to order from YNZ (don't know about RIW) and yes they are expensive. If the original look is important that's what you'll have to pay. If the original look isn't that important I'd recommend a modern PVC covered harness. A call monday to YNZ or RIW will get you the most accurate pricing.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | |
| |
| |