The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (2-Ton, 1955 1 Series, pdlightning, TooMany2count, Shade Baby), 154 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,286
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#841747 04/06/2012 5:45 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
I know others have posted web sites they like to purchase various auto electrical parts, i.e. bulk wiring, connectors, tools, etc; but,I never booked marked them.
Would any Stovebolters care to offer them up again? Thanks.


Drew
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
here are 2 to start out

YnZ wire

Rhode Island wire

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
Thanks! Both have what I am looking for. I bookmarked them too.


Drew
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
I used YNZ's harness and other parts. I recommend them for those wanting the original look. I found my harness was just a bit more expensive through RIW.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
I was curious what the harness would cost so I looked it up on the YnZ site...

http://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/pdfs/Chevrolet.pdf

Late 1947-49* 1/2t. . ...........................................672.00
Late 1947-49 3/4t., 1t, 1 1/2t..................................672.00
Late 1947-55* 1/2t. 1st Ser. Turn Signal................170.00
1948* 2t.................................................................707.00

Am I reading that right?

I have a '49 with no turn signals - what am I looking at?

Mark

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
The cloth covered, original looking, harnesses are made by hand to order from YNZ (don't know about RIW) and yes they are expensive. If the original look is important that's what you'll have to pay. If the original look isn't that important I'd recommend a modern PVC covered harness. A call monday to YNZ or RIW will get you the most accurate pricing.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0