The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, tricordati), 157 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#840171 03/31/2012 5:15 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 41
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 41
Does anyone make a repair panel to fix above the windsheild on a 59 apache?

Dustman #840175 03/31/2012 5:39 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
no, but see this thread

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Dustman #840183 03/31/2012 6:21 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 785
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 785
Bill, thanks for posting the link.

Dustman, if your damage looks like the truck in the link (more or less) I will be doing a metalshaping demo April 21st on fabricating the same panel as you need. I normally take a grunch of photos when I do anything so there should be a tech thread on the subject afterward. I plan on using basic shop tools in the hopes that it can be duplicated by most anyone without having to go buy any machinery for a one time fabrication. Hammers, home-made dolly's, perhaps a torch, etc.

MPandC #840734 04/03/2012 12:19 AM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 41
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 41
Yessiree, that's the panel. I only wish mine looked half that good! I'm missing quite a bit of the panel. The truck was patialy disassembled by the previous owner and I think the old windsheild was booted out. I'm confident that I can build the panel, but getting the shape and size correct is the problem. Any interest in selling the demo panel?

Dustman #840764 04/03/2012 2:06 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 443
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 443
You could always do what I did, but it was a lot of work.

rusted roof

remove the problem


minimal filler & rust free roof


1957 Chevrolet 1/2-ton Stepside LB in the Gallery
My Photobucket shots

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Dustman #841265 04/05/2012 12:25 AM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 785
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 785
Sent you a PM.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0