| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (LAJones48, Barry Martak, Otto Skorzeny, Waveski, Shaffer's1950, Rusty Heaps, 1 invisible),
110
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,465 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2009 Posts: 41 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2009 Posts: 41 | Does anyone make a repair panel to fix above the windsheild on a 59 apache? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | | | | | | Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 785 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 785 | Bill, thanks for posting the link.
Dustman, if your damage looks like the truck in the link (more or less) I will be doing a metalshaping demo April 21st on fabricating the same panel as you need. I normally take a grunch of photos when I do anything so there should be a tech thread on the subject afterward. I plan on using basic shop tools in the hopes that it can be duplicated by most anyone without having to go buy any machinery for a one time fabrication. Hammers, home-made dolly's, perhaps a torch, etc. | | | | | Joined: May 2009 Posts: 41 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2009 Posts: 41 | Yessiree, that's the panel. I only wish mine looked half that good! I'm missing quite a bit of the panel. The truck was patialy disassembled by the previous owner and I think the old windsheild was booted out. I'm confident that I can build the panel, but getting the shape and size correct is the problem. Any interest in selling the demo panel?
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 785 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 785 | | | |
| |
| |