Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (mick53, klhansen),
118
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,277 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 23 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 23 | I've inherited my wife's Grandfather's'47 1/2 ton and am in the process of stripping it to the bare frame for a restoration with my students at school. The parking brake assembly is missing from the frame cross-shaft forward and I need to find the parts. Is this a lever coming through the floor like the earlier trucks or a pedal on the floor like the newer trucks? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 | The lever comes through the floor. I have a '47 also, in the process of getting resto-modded, and I don't think I'll be using mine. Mine still has the 3 spd in it too, which is also getting replaced. If you're interested in any of it, let me know.
Wayne
1947 Chevy 3100 - Shop truck - 250 L6/T5/4.10's 1970 Chevy Camaro - Rotisserie jail
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 23 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 23 | Yes I am interested. I'm not going to restore it, but I am going to make it look close to original. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | Wayne, does a 47 have a hand or foot E' brake?
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 393 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 393 | The '47 has a hand lever mounted to the transmission.
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 | Okay, I won't get a chance to remove it until this weekend, but I'll take some pics of it installed, then I'll remove it and everything that is connected with it. The lever is about 16ish inches tall with a squeeze lever at the top front. It's to the right of the transmission shifter. I'll "try" to take and post up some pics before this weekend. I have to get some house stuff done before this Friday...having the house appraised for a refi, and we need it to be good.
1947 Chevy 3100 - Shop truck - 250 L6/T5/4.10's 1970 Chevy Camaro - Rotisserie jail
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 23 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 23 | Sounds good. Good luck with the refinance. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 | Got it out and cleaned up, along with the rod. Here is a link to the pics. The first 13 are of the brake lever and of it installed. The few after are of the "new" cab that I just picked up a couple weeks ago. Should save me a TON of work...it's solid. Wayne's Flickr photo page
1947 Chevy 3100 - Shop truck - 250 L6/T5/4.10's 1970 Chevy Camaro - Rotisserie jail
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 23 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 23 | That cab looks a lot better than mine. Any idea what shipping would be and how would we handle payment? Do you have Paypal? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 | Thanks, it's waaaaaay better than the cab on my '47, which is on the last couple pages of my flickr account. I'll check on shipping tomorrow at post office. And yes, I have a paypal account, so that would work.
1947 Chevy 3100 - Shop truck - 250 L6/T5/4.10's 1970 Chevy Camaro - Rotisserie jail
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 | BTW, did you need just the lever and mounting mechanism or did you also need the rod that goes to the back? I don't know if you could tell from the pics, but it's about 4 feet long with small clevises on both ends.
If you need that too, I might have to do the same thing that brake line companies like The Right Stuff do. They bend it once in the middle to make it easier to transport and fit into boxes. When my dad bought some brake lines from their vendor at Carlisle (big auto flea market), the sales guy bent it around his waist into a closed-in "U" shape, then told us to bend it back the same way. Worked good.
Let me know which way. I'll get the box weighed with and without the weight of the rod. The box is 18.5"x21.5"x5" (thanks JCP)lol. The lever fits perfect and the rod will too with that bend. I'll send you a message with the shipping costs.
Last edited by Wayne S; 03/16/2012 2:25 PM.
1947 Chevy 3100 - Shop truck - 250 L6/T5/4.10's 1970 Chevy Camaro - Rotisserie jail
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 | PM sent last Thursday, the 16th...Still interested?
1947 Chevy 3100 - Shop truck - 250 L6/T5/4.10's 1970 Chevy Camaro - Rotisserie jail
| | |
| |