| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (Eileen, Uncles51, 1 invisible),
86
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,296 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 | Recently, in the Model T forum, a fellow posted an old ad for this trick Rajo cylinder head. I'd never heard of it (although I hear from some that I live under a rock). I don't know anything else about it, other than I hear it raised the compression to 7.1:1, and had larger valves. I believe there is a Rajo equipped 216 motor in the speedster hall of fame too. Can anyone offer more insight? Did Joe cast these heads, or are they re-worked factory heads? Here's and ad http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd45/HomeCrafter/271326.jpghttp://www.nwvs.org/Technical/Engines/RajoE033.shtmlAlso, if you've got one laying around as a door stop, mail it on over to me, and I'll test it out. Hahahahahaha! (Only a joke, Mr. Moderator, I'm sure the head is worth more than my truck) | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Very cool. Never knew they were available fo the early Chevy.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 | I know -eh! I've seen them on sweet Model T speedsters, and in period photos of Ton-Trucks too. But this Chevy head is a new one for me. Then again, I don't recall seeing a Nicson aluminum head in real life either. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,969 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,969 | On the HAMB they have Social Groups and I joined "Chevy 216's". Discussion primarily limited to 216 and 235 low oil pressure motors. One of the threads was a picture thread with an old magazine ad for the Rajo Head. Rajo Very cool!!
Professional Novice
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 | Man I love this stuff. I see from the ad that it doesn't function until you hit about 40 mph. Sort of like a flux capacitor. | | |
| |
| |