| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (baldeagle),
158
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 112 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 112 | Please click here to see my carb. I believe I do not have the mechanical choke arm and choke blade arm installed properly. This is the default position of the choke blade when the engine is cold. Any help as to how to adjust and/or connect it will be greatly appreciated! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 112 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 112 | Panic, what and where do I adjust? | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | It appears to be an automatic choke. It would be adjusted on the end not in the picture. Even cold it will sit as shown until the accelerator is pumped once to allow it to close. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 112 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 112 | Thanks, cletis! So this is a mechanical automatic choke with the other end being coiled, right? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 112 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 112 | What do y'all think about the position of the choke blade arm in relation to the chocke blade? The pic shows how it was when I bought the truck. When I had a guy rebuild the carb, he sent it back with the arm 180° off. I put it back where it was. | | |
| |
| |