The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jon G, Guitplayer, Wally / Montana), 123 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#829731 02/25/2012 11:13 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 54
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 54
Hi - am rebuilding the mc and bought a rebuild kit for it. All the parts are the same on disassembly except for the spring. The spring I took out is about 2 turns longer than the replacement one. It still is quite firm.I am thinking I should reuse the old spring with new seals, etc. it's off a 37 gmc half ton. It's a delco. I'm pretty sure I bought the right rebuild kit off jim carter as the rest of the parts match exactly. Any advice? Also was going to paint it cast iron grey. Was it originally black?

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I think you could use the old spring. The tension might be the same with a softer rate. Be sure the new check valve fits in the spring.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 54
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 54
Thanks. That's what I was thinking. I think it may have been rebuilt before as the piston is a bright blue color which I'm pretty sure was not the standard issue in 37.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0