| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (78buckshot),
112
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,425 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 67 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 67 | I heard rumor that that any 6 bolt pattern PTO will bolt up to any trans with the 6 bolt pattern and any 8 bolt pattern will work on any 8 bolt pattern trans. Will this work? I thought they were application specfic. e.g. diffrent gear cuts and rotation. More specfically I need one for an NV4500 out of a 1994 3500HD. I would appreciate any guidance as to what I could use. Thanks.
1937 Chevy (converted to 4x4) 1942 Chevy G506 1.5 ton 4x4 1958 Mack B model (on Chevy 1 ton 4x4 frame) 1969 Dodge Charger 1987 K30 Crewcab
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | PTO's are application specific. I would go to a drive line shop and buy a new PTO for your NV4500. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 1,456 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 1,456 | For it to be that simple would require all transmissions to have the exact same gear in the transmission, NVG4500 PTO not the same as anything else, also use only the specific fluid.
BC 1960 Chevy C10 driver 261 T5 4.10 dana 44 power loc 1949 GMC 250 project in waiting 1960 C60 pasture art Retired GM dealer tech. 1980 - 2022 | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | The bolt patterns are standard, the driven gears are not. | | |
| |
| |