The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Wally / Montana, Otto Skorzeny, TUTS 59, NJC), 79 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,083
Posts1,056,326
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 15
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 15
I just bought a '54 GMC 100 and a friend i work with does bead blasting and powder coating. I have pulled them off because they were very rusty and want them to look good when reinstalled. I heard that i needed to use the high temp powder coating on them is this good coating or what?

Thanks,

Wes

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
from what I understand, ceramic coat is the way to go. But they may have made advancements in powder coating I am not aware of.

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 15
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 15
Thanks brokenhead, Its gonna be cheap enough so i will be the tester and let ya'll know how long it last i suppose.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0