The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (R&S 51 GMC, Wayne67vert, Peggy M, baldeagle, delky), 118 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#811383 12/29/2011 10:12 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 583
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 583
Does anyone know what became of Don Baird's (Garden City, Michigan) 1939 Suburban and/or his 1940 Suburban?


1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
rickmg #811991 12/31/2011 11:04 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 62
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 62
rickmg; I too have been wondering where Don's '39 went. I was at Don's home back about 1985 and saw tht '39 in prime , also had a great visit with him.He contacted me in about 1983-4 as I was looking for a complete set of seats for my 1939 Suburban. I later found them in a 1942 GMC located here in Ontario,Canada. How the '42 got here,I don't know as Suburbans were not built here until 1949 or later. I worked for GM Canada starting in 1950 and seem to remember the tooling being prepared about 1952-3.I only learned about Don's death when I ran into a nephew at Hershey about 1992.
Am wondering if GM pick it up for their museum?
My'39 is complete and on the road.
Stan Norrish.

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 583
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 583
I bought my 39 Chevy 3/4 Ton Stake Truck from Don in 1977. Don was a very good friend of mine. Going into his basement or garage was like stepping back in time. The man knew his truck parts. The inventory of truck parts he had was unbelievable, not to mention his knowledge. He liquidated everything when he found out he had very serious heart problems. He painted the 39 suburban a light blue with gray fenders. Rebuilt the engine and trans. He did not assemble the vehicle.


1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0