The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (chemanic, Shardean, Steelonsteel, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible), 129 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,418
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 241
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 241
Hello and Merry Christmas
I am new to the forum and the world of Stovebolt's. I have always wanted to take a project on and have now taken the plunge.
I have purchased a 1952 GMC 9430 one ton pickup. It appears to be stock with the exception of a dump bed that had been installed at some point. I have started the tear down process and have removed the box, bed and hydraulics. I plan to bring it back to as close to factory as time and money permit. I will be looking for advice from time to time that is for sure.

Look forward to thumbing my way through the many pages on this board. cool


1952 GMC 9430 one ton pickup, a work in progress

1952 1-ton pictures on Photobucket
52_Ton #809789 12/23/2011 10:17 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome 52_Ton. Not sure how far you are from me, I'm about 75 miles NE of the big smoke. Do you know what engine is in it? The light duty Canadian GMC trucks had Chevrolet engines, likely a 235.

As you tear it down, you would be well advised to document everything, photographs are very helpful down the road as you re-assemble it.

Be sure to ask if you run stuck.

Leo

Leo #809949 12/24/2011 5:36 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 252
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 252
Welcome from Burlington, Ontario. I am also a newbie and the help I have found here is invaluable.
Good luck.


1951 Chevy 3100 5-Window
"Howard"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Leo #810018 12/24/2011 3:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 241
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 241
Thanks Guys;
I live just west of London. I ordered the GMC documents as it is a Canadian built truck. It was assembled with a 216 but I have yet to verify if the engine number matches. It was truck number 1206 of 1483 produced that year.
I am documenting as I tear it down, have found they cut the tail of the frame off to install the dump box. It was used to hall grain in Saskatchewan. Also taking lots of pictures as I break more bolts. smile


1952 GMC 9430 one ton pickup, a work in progress

1952 1-ton pictures on Photobucket
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 139
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 139
welcome to the bolt 52 Ton all the way from the 'WET COAST"

cheers!


1947 Studebaker M15 on 76 GMC one ton dually chassis with 454 4 spd
1953 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u
1957 Oldsmobile 88 2dr hardtop
1959 B130 International one ton dually

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0