The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (dunfire, Bill Hanlon, stlcardinalsguy, Otto Skorzeny, papas52, Wayne67vert), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 244
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 244
Are any of you early stovebolters running this engine or have all of you "upgraded"?There's a core I'm looking at but if it's going to be useless scrap iron maybe I should pass?
Thanks much for any input.

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
We have a 36 1 1/2 ton fuel truck with a 207. Needless to say it is slow but seems like a good engine. We are restoring a 36 pass car. I havn't driven it but the engine sounds good. I rebuilt it many years ago.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
If you have a use for it, there are still parts available to put it back into service, but they're scarce and expensive. I have a set of reconditioned rods for a 207 that I bought by mistake. They were advertised as "235" Babbited rods. It probably wouldn't be a good one to acquire on speculation, because there will be a limited demand for that engine. 216, 235, and 261 engines are a lot more popular simply because there are more vehicles still running which had those engines originally.
Jerry

Last edited by Hotrod Lincoln; 12/11/2011 4:56 PM.

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 244
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 244
Thank you Wrenchbender and Hotrod.
Maybe I can trade some labor for it.

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 69
E
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 69
I has been a good motor. I have 2, 36 cars with them. Parts are available (clutch a little hard to find). Both run very well and will outlast me probably and make it a nice original. Just were not in production very long.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0