The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (1955 1 Series, tclederman, walter74, LAROKE), 133 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,122
Posts1,056,332
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#804757 12/08/2011 2:24 PM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
I just purchased a set of vintage (round) amber fog lights with universal mounts. Just wondering if anyone has mounted fog lights on a 1955-1957 Chevy pickup and how they mounted them. I will be using a switch and relay for the electrical portion of the install.
Thanks,
don

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Here's how I had set mine up. Fog lights. They were mounted on a pair of L brakets made from 2"x2" aluminum. There was a slight offset (about 1/8") made in the bottom section just below the bumper to clear the splash apron. The brakets were directly bolted to the apron behind the bumper.
I don't have a good picture of what it has now, but the new mounting is very similar. The new one is a 1 peice design, rather than having separate mounts for each light. It's more stable, the lights do not bounce around as much. I'll see if I can get some pix up of it for you, right now I really can't get to the truck to get a good shot.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
Bill:
Thanks, fog lights look good. Your truck looks great too.
don

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 201
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 201
Mine are similar , if not the same year. I used angle iron, 1/8" thick steel. I'd suggest steel over aluminum as it is 3x stiffer so the lights will not vibrate as mentioned above.

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/...ogress/Exterior%20Completed/2a66a695.jpg


'69 1/2T stepside, Sea Foam Green, 250 L6 w/ 3 on the tree, not an option on it, in the family since new.
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
I used aluminum because the price was right, FREE! grin


Bill Burmeister

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0