| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (cmayna, Gray_Ghost, Donf, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, Jon G, Forty9, Shade Baby),
104
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,307 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 | I just purchased a set of vintage (round) amber fog lights with universal mounts. Just wondering if anyone has mounted fog lights on a 1955-1957 Chevy pickup and how they mounted them. I will be using a switch and relay for the electrical portion of the install. Thanks, don | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | Here's how I had set mine up. Fog lights. They were mounted on a pair of L brakets made from 2"x2" aluminum. There was a slight offset (about 1/8") made in the bottom section just below the bumper to clear the splash apron. The brakets were directly bolted to the apron behind the bumper. I don't have a good picture of what it has now, but the new mounting is very similar. The new one is a 1 peice design, rather than having separate mounts for each light. It's more stable, the lights do not bounce around as much. I'll see if I can get some pix up of it for you, right now I really can't get to the truck to get a good shot.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 | Bill: Thanks, fog lights look good. Your truck looks great too. don
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 201 | Mine are similar , if not the same year. I used angle iron, 1/8" thick steel. I'd suggest steel over aluminum as it is 3x stiffer so the lights will not vibrate as mentioned above. http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/...ogress/Exterior%20Completed/2a66a695.jpg
'69 1/2T stepside, Sea Foam Green, 250 L6 w/ 3 on the tree, not an option on it, in the family since new.
| | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | I used aluminum because the price was right, FREE! 
Bill Burmeister | | |
| |
| |