| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,337 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 15 | 52 1/2 T Chevy Frame with a 55 235 engine. Before taking the truck down to the bolts, the engine was held in place, well, hell - I dont know how it stayed there. It looks like I need to find a different sort of cross member or perhaps do some mod but I would really appreciate the wisdom of you folks on how I might proceed. The existing cross member has been butchered a little and is too narrow for the engine mount bottoms to fit underneath. Here are some photos: http://s518.photobucket.com/albums/...uck%20Frame%20Rear%20Engine%20Conundrum/Is there an A-dapter kit, cross-member replacement, or bubba technique? Thanks! | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | The problem isn't really the crossmember. The problem is the bellhousing. You have a bellhousing for a '55 Second series. The frame mounting is on a different angle than the earlier AD trucks. You'll need a bellhousing from a '47-'53 Advance Design truck.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 15 | Aha. That makes sense but where oh where to find a bell housing? Short of finding one, is there a way to modify what I have? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 15 | also, I prefer to not break it all down again to get that bell housing out unless it is unsafe. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | Put an add in the parts wanted section for a bellhousing. Easiest fix has been outlined above. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Swap the bell housing, as others have said | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 | Yep,that's a 1954 and up bell housing,make sure you also purchase the rear mounts .Call Jim Carter if you can't find the bell housing. Tim 1951 3100 Chevrolet1951 Chevrolet Suburban CarryallImage"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams." "Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything" "If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 67 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 67 | I have an extra bellhousing with the motor mounts on it. You pay the shipping and you can have it. I think the mounts are still on it. I'm in riverside ca. | | |
| |
| |