The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (MickeyP, Cletus1950, 78buckshot, Nick in Manitou), 102 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,720
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
I installed chrome reproduction headlight bezels on my 1957 Chevy Pickup. They don't fit very well at all (gaps). To compound the problem, I have fiberglass reproduction fenders. I'm wondering if the combination of reproduction parts is the problem, or possibly the fitment of the headlight buckets is ultimately manifesting a poor bezel positioning. The fenders, until this point seemed to be reasonably "true." Has anyone else encountered this, or have suggestions as to remediation strategies.
Thanks,
Don

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
I've rarely seen a bezel fit well without a struggle, even original ones on original fenders ... you obviously can't beat on chrome pieces, so you're looking at reshaping the fenders enough that you can live with the fit

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
Bill, thanks. At least I know where I stand on this.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 11
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 11
where did you get the fiberglass fenders from?

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
Mar-K I think, possibly the old Chevy Duty, it's been a while. They seem pretty good. Absolutely way better than the one I originally had (the other metal one was too far gone so I replaced them both with new fiberglass ones). They painted up very nicely.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
My passenger side front fender is original and the new chrome bezel fits pretty good. Still gaps. The driver side fender is reproduction metal and the bezel fits bad. I have a gap on the outside. I notice it right away, but most people over look it. I tried bending the tabs that the bezels screw to and that helped a little.

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
To finish this thread: I did get my bezels to fit quite a bit better. First the orientation of the buckets as mounted to the fender seems to be critical. A little re-adjustment (counter clockwise in my case) made a big difference. Second, as jomichael suggested, a little bending on the tabs helped. Thanks again for the responses.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0