Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (55shaker, Bruce 1954-4100, Hanks custodian, Gdads51, BC59, Cletus1950, cmayna, 3800GUY),
126
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,253 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | Fellow Bolters, I love pictures. I love forums and updates from people who are working on their trucks! So, I have created a personal website for you to visit so you can read about the progress I am making on my 65 SWB Stepside. I used a free service to host my personal website. It's up and running! You are welcome to visit it anytime. It's kinda neat actually, and it was free. If you wanna know more about how I created it, just ask. Follow the link Lugnutz65ChevyStepside | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 5 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 5 | Sweet! "There are some issues that need solving." to say the least! lol It looks like it will be fun. Will you try to get the motor going? I love trying to get old motors going. Most of the time it doesnt take much.
Good luck and post updates!
Luck is when preparedness meets oppurtunity
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | Tomm1, So what methods should I try if I wanna get this motor running? It's all in the preparation I guess, right? First, I wanna see if it turns freely? Then what do I do? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | Congrats on the site. A bit of advice, "Inch by Inch, Life is a Cinch". Try to resist the overwelming desire to blow it apart, prior to formulating a plan. I have seen many complete trucks, in pretty reasonable survivor condition, get fully disassembly, only to end up being sold, because the prospect of resurecting the truck was overwelming, especially without a plan.
When acquiring a truck like your recent acquisition, I do the following:
1. If it is missing, replace it. 2. If it is broken, repair it. 3. If it doesn't belong, remove it. 4. If it is dirty, clean it.
By taking this very simple approach, the picture of what you want becomes more clear and you will have a pretty good awareness of what you have to work with. Good luck with your project and keep us posted on your progress. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | I stumbled upon a bench seat in a 1967 C30 at the salvage yard. Can anyone tell me if it's the same seat frame as the 1965? It bolts right in! See the seat and other updates on my website! www.Lugnutz65ChevyStepside.weebly.com | | | | | Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 321 | The seat frames are not identical but they do interchange readily. I actually have a '63 seat in my '71 right now. I noticed when I put it in that the earlier seat actually sits up a little bit higher. If you had the two seats side by side you can easily see the differences in the frames.
1963 Chevy C20 Longbed Stepside 1978 Chevy K30 Custom Deluxe
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 43 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 43 | I saved your website so I can see your progress. I am working on the same model truck. I am doing a frame off restoration. I just finished coating the underside of my frame today and will paint it Wednesday. Then it's into the garage where I hope to start putting it back together. Tony is right...have a plan. I work on my truck every night after work, even if it's just cleaning dinky parts, and for 15 mins...that way something is always getting done. Also, I have everything labeled in bags or boxes and I have seperated what I've got completed and what needs to be done stowed away on shelves. Happy truckin'! Janine | | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 426 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 426 | Nice to see some more Carolina Boys here
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 33 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 33 | I live in Hartsville, SC and have a 65 C10 Fleetside. Where in SC are you located?
Leon Stallings Hartsville, SC 1965 Chevy C20 LWB 1965 Chevy C10 LWB
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | I really like the Fleetsides too. I live in Columbia. Irmo, actually. But it's the same thing really. O hope you get a chance to visit my website. I just bought a door today at the salvage yard. Do you have any good options for salvage yard parts? | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 33 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 33 | I lived in the Aiken area for most of my life and have only been in Hartsville for about 5 years. I remember there being a salvage yard outside Batesburg that I used to go to and find some 60-66 truck parts. I do not remember what the name of the yard was.
Leon Stallings Hartsville, SC 1965 Chevy C20 LWB 1965 Chevy C10 LWB
| | |
| |