| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 64 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 64 | I aqm in the process of reassembly a 41 gmc 3/4 ton. when I disassembled the truck{ I truly am the second owner} I noticed the front fenders had no fender welt but the rear fenders did. I know this is a subject of contention with restorers. I kept the original back fender welt and plan on reinstalling new welt on the rear fenders. Am I wrong on this , I do not think I am, I have the original welt. If anyone can prove I am wrong I will give one hundred bucks to Stovebolt. Proof is not" I think or mine doestn"t have it . Other then that the rear fenders have welt and the front does not . I have samples of the original welt . doug | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 | Doesn't the factory manual show things like that? I know the 55.2 manual shows no welt.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | not sure why there'd be any 'contention' about it, and there certainly won't be anyone 'proving' much about a 41, especially a GMC, where assembly manuals aren't available, although you might find some factory photos where that level of detail is visible .... the TF series had no welting front or back, previous series had it on the back only - my unmolested 46 GMC 1.5T had no welting on the front, there really isn't anyplace to put welting on the front of the models with hood side flaps
Bill | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 381 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 381 | Generally fender welting was used on the front fenders and not on the rear fenders from the factory. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | years of which you speak wbrowne? some references for that?
Bill | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 64 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 64 | yOU HAVE THE BEST ANSWER. New subject why do all restore companies sell you rubber blocks for motor mounts , when the originals are like two cups which fit tigether and then mount to the frame/ motor. I actually sent "my" originals to Steele for reproduction, they said no thanks, not a big enough market. They will continue to sell the wrong ones to every "carter/ filling station parts company.; So much for buying original parts. It pisses me off when a 30 year clark tells me it's original when I know he does nothing other what they are selling. A filling station clerk actually tried to sell me chevy hu bbcaps for ny 41 gmc and swearded they were original. {blue paint vs black. iidots | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 381 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 381 | Squeeze - Advance Design trucks | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 381 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 381 | I have GM factory photos of a 1947 3100 Advanced Design wearing '46 hubcaps and a 1949 3600, both show no welding on the rear fenders. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | There was no factory fender welting put on Advance-Design pickup truck rear fenders.
There was rear fender welting put on panel-body trucks.
| | |
| |
| |