The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gdads51, 68ironhead), 174 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,251
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#765530 07/25/2011 10:41 PM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 63
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 63
Fellow bolters:
I just ordered Jim Carter's mounting bracket for a dual master cylinder upgrade (1947-55), but I would like to buy the master cylinder locally and save a few bucks in the process.
I was wondering if any of you guys have any experience using that bracket.
I have two questions:
What kind of master cylinder should I use?
And: Did you run into any problems while doing this upgrade using Jim Carter's bracket?

Thanks in advance.
Charlie

Last edited by Charlie3; 07/25/2011 10:42 PM.
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 393
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 393
I didn't get my bracket from Jim Carter's but my local brake house sold me an M/C from a 1967 full size Chev car. It was the first year of dual M/C's. My system (1947 AD, 1/2 ton,Huck brakes)is drum/drum. It works well.


It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
I bought a 67 C10 truck master it's drum drum and stops the truck no problem.I got my bracket from Clasic ,same one,and it works and fits good.



Pete

Last edited by Pete52; 07/26/2011 12:26 PM.
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 63
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 63
Thanks, guys.
Yep, looks like the brackets from Classic and James Carter are indeed the same one, so I will get a master cylinder for a 67 C10. Shouldn't have any problems finding it locally.
Thanks, Pete.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0