| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,246 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 63 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 63 | Fellow bolters: I just ordered Jim Carter's mounting bracket for a dual master cylinder upgrade (1947-55), but I would like to buy the master cylinder locally and save a few bucks in the process. I was wondering if any of you guys have any experience using that bracket. I have two questions: What kind of master cylinder should I use? And: Did you run into any problems while doing this upgrade using Jim Carter's bracket?
Thanks in advance. Charlie
Last edited by Charlie3; 07/25/2011 10:42 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 393 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 393 | I didn't get my bracket from Jim Carter's but my local brake house sold me an M/C from a 1967 full size Chev car. It was the first year of dual M/C's. My system (1947 AD, 1/2 ton,Huck brakes)is drum/drum. It works well.
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 1,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 1,644 | I bought a 67 C10 truck master it's drum drum and stops the truck no problem.I got my bracket from Clasic ,same one,and it works and fits good.
Pete
Last edited by Pete52; 07/26/2011 12:26 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 63 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 63 | Thanks, guys. Yep, looks like the brackets from Classic and James Carter are indeed the same one, so I will get a master cylinder for a 67 C10. Shouldn't have any problems finding it locally. Thanks, Pete. | | |
| |
| |