Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,085 Posts1,056,329 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 90 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 90 | Hi Folks
Always been weak for a LCF, so been looking at a few but think I will go a head more now. Wanted to make it into a utility HD truck, keeping it as original as good as I can. From what I understood it a 5xxx LCF is a 2ton, which I think is the models I have to look for.
But where do you get parts for a 2ton, task force truck? Few questions mainly where to get stuff for it.
Brakes and Wheels Wheel bearings (assume its not cone – but looks like napa has it) Hydro vac – can you take any remote brake booster? Wheel cylinders Master cylinder Brake hoses Brake hardware springs etc
Suspension: Shackle and bushings Shocks Kingpin Draglink
Ah yes how about wheels it's 22.5” on that one isn't it. Any good source of affordable (retread/cap is fine) tires? What size should you have and is it ok to use radial metric once?
Is the windshield the same as on a normal truck btw? I know nearly everything else is special on a LCF.
Cheers and big thanks in adv Dyna
PS: How is selling rims for the six lug rims that are on the LCF?
Last edited by dyn_ares; 05/15/2011 11:34 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Dyna, 1955 had the 5000 series (2-ton) only, then in 1956 they introduced the 7000 (2-1/2 ton) and 9000 (2-1/2 ton). Tubeless tires became standard issue in 1956, but many new owners wanted the 20" tube type to be consistant with the rest of the fleet. The 1955 5000 series LCF ran 7.50 or 8.25 x 20", 1956 and up ran 8.00 x 22.5" (5 and 7000 series) and the 9000 ran 9.00 x 22.5". All of the mechanical stuff can be gotten, it's the LCF specific sheet metal that's the hard part. Glass and Interior parts are the same as the little trucks. The hood embelm is NOT the same as the conventional cab trucks, it's flatter across the front edge (at least on the 55-57). LCF's only came with V8 engines, the 6-cylinders were to long. Hope this helps, Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 90 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 90 | Hi Mike, Thanks for your reply, helps a lot especially the glass/interior stuff. I knew about the sheet metal, which is why I'm looking for a truck that is complete and repairable. When you say all the mechanical stuff can be gotten, I'm a bit clue less to where? Any hints/links to where I should go? Cheers Dyna PS: My Burb is coming along nicely and should be ready June/July  . | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Dyna, Most of the gaskets, bearings and brake parts can be found at NAPA or eBay. Engine stuff can be found almost anywhere. Brake shoes can be relined. Door handles, gauges, seat covers etc. are the same as the little trucks. What else do you need? Mike B 
Last edited by Mike B; 05/12/2011 3:55 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 1,363 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 1,363 | I wish I could find a nice 58 to 59 LCF, I would like 2.5 ton. I haven't seen any in a long time.
Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks. Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.
As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 90 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 90 | Hi Folks, Thanks for your replies. I actually bought one yesterday, a 59 Series 50 -- most likely a 5403 (you don't know really until every detail is on the table. Just bought and it's not home yet and will not be for a while since I will let them do quite a few repairs so it's 110% road worthy again. I located most brake parts, but I'm at a loss for: King pins (is this the correct one? 3691111? If so is there a OD one? Tierod ends Shackles and spring bushings front and rear. Is AD 2-ton the same? Looks like there is a few things at www.chevsofthe40s.comWhat exact front wheel bearings to get if you want to go tapered. How is restoring steering boxes for a 2-ton Front shocks, its must be different from a 1/2 ton. Mine has shocks but I heard that they were optional on 2-ton models. I'm also looking for 22.5" wheels since this one rolls on 20" at the moment. If I got it right it's 22.5" 6 lug by 8.75 Budd wheels originally, but what years of 22.5" will inter change. Maybe someone has a set of wheels for sale if so please PM me. Cheers Dyna PS: Any good place to buy tires for the wheels? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 1,363 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 1,363 | You can try first at NAPA for things like King pins etc. Pretty much all the interior parts and some cab parts sheet metal like cab corners are the same as the pickups. For wheels I'd just hit up tire stores, thats their thing.
I thought series 50 was closer to a 1.5 ton, too lazy to look in the book.
Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks. Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.
As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
| | |
| |