| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Otto Skorzeny),
90
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,380 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#74187 03/03/2007 5:51 AM | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 202 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 202 | To put an inline six like a 250/292 to my 87 700R4 Trans in my Chevy 4x4 pick up? It has a TBI engine instead of a carb. That means a one piece rear main seal. Soooo, do I install a different torque converter from an older 700 that fit the 80s vintage inlines? Do I have to change the flexplate on the six to make it work? I know it will bolt up but need to know this before I begin. I guess I need to know if the earlier torque converter will work for me or not without changing the trans as mine is excellent. :confused: Henry | | |
#74188 03/03/2007 2:36 PM | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | Use the torque converter that goes with the trans. use the flexplate that matches the 6 cyl. It should not have an external balance weight on it. The converter is not used for counter balance on G.M. allthough Crysler does. Check to see if the holes to bolt the converter to the flex plate line up. If not you can drill new ones. I hope this helps. I,m not shure exactly what you are up to. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
#74189 03/03/2007 6:41 PM | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 202 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 202 | Hey Wrenchbender, I was planning to remove the 350 for a 250 or 292 six. My flexplate for the 350 has a balance weight on it. I hoped to just bolt in the six but had been told the output shaft and etc was wrong for this set up. I'll go down to the parts store and see about the flexplate how it matches up to my torque converter. I bought a new stage 1 converter. Thanks very much. I love this site. Its the best. H. | | |
#74190 03/03/2007 7:02 PM | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | The 292 has larger bolts for flexplate to crankshaft but you can drill them out if you use a 250 or a 85 back 350 flexplate. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
#74191 03/03/2007 8:04 PM | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 202 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 202 | Thats good info. Have to decide which engine to go with. The 292 is a stump puller but the 250 probably would be cheaper to feed I would think. Can you make the 250 a reasonable torque motor with some headwork/mild cam and a 4bbl intake plus an Edelbrock 450-500cfm? I like the pics of your trucks. Nice! | | |
| |
| |