The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Shaffer's1950, walter74, tclederman), 121 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,700
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#737847 04/10/2011 1:50 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 65
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 65
well I just had new tires put on my 1951 pickup, I thought they were from 92-96, but the tire guy guessed mid 80's! There were extremely dry rotted and cracked. It handles so much better now! I was about to order new shocks!

Anyways I removed the center hubcaps that are chrome and stamped 'chevrolet' and are made in the USA. They look pretty old too. However, the chrome trim rings were actualy plastic and made in taiwan frown.

So do you think I should buy chrome ones from Jim Carter for $26 each, or just run the center caps and touch up the black paint?

The 51 has the standard heater, and was originally a radio delete, so I dont think I have a deluxe cab anyway.

-Austin


1951 1/2 Ton 216ci 4spd
1955 3/4 Ton NAPCO 235ci 4spd
1959 1/2 Ton stepside 235ci 4spd
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
It's really up to you. Depending on the look you like.
The AD trucks look good either way to me.

I purchased the trim rings for my truck
...with ring pic...
...with out ring pic...

Im rolling with out them for now.

Good Luck


Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 146
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 146
DADS50: Where did you get your rings? I'm looking for the original style.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
I got the trim rings as part of a wheel package from Stockton wheel. I cannot recommend that company for anything.

The ring in that pic is smooth .

I see chev’s of the 40’s carry them. Most likely most of the vendors do. Also try Jeggs and speedway

I’m not sure what originals look like. Maybe someone else can advise on that.
Good Luck


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0