| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,697 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 | So I was about to wash my 1955.2 Chevy truck and noticed that there is plenty of room for water to run down the inside of my door with the gaps and such around the window and vents. I looked on the bottom of these aftermarket doors (Jim Carters) and there were no drain holes to be found.
Where do I drill and how large a hole/s? | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | the originals had 2 slots, about an inch each, right against the pinch flange so the water drained outside the rubber - X here is one [the > is where the rubber clamps screw down] Bill | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 | Thanks Bill. It looks like I'm missing the holes for the rubber clamp as well. The rubber does stay on really well with just the push pins. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | there is a small factory clamp thing at all the tight corners as seen here, and a long narrow plate that goes across most of the bottom - over time you will find they are important little additions to prevent the rubber getting munched, especially across the bottom Bill | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 | I have the long narrow plate, but not those smaller ones. Any vendors sell em that you know of?
Thanks for all your help Bill.
Michael
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | I don't recall seeing the individual clips anywhere, but they wouldn't be too hard to make out of flat stock, just need to tweek one end a bit, drill a hole, and file some teeth in it - they're about as long as the bottom strip is wide with about the same bend
Bill | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 946 | Makes sense. I think I can pull that off. | | |
| |
| |