The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#720755 02/13/2011 9:10 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 98
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 98
I know this has been asked and answered ad nauseum but I have to ask it anyway.

I just installed an 94" wide 13' platform grain dump on my FF-350 two ton. Looks nice but I cant seem to find mirrors wide enough that look decent.
They have to extend out about 14" from the middle of the door to see around the headboard.
Full size West coasters will work but dont quite look like they belong on the truck.
Any other ideas other then narrowing the platform dump body are more then welcome.
Thanks, John Drabik

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
What about original Factory mirrors. West Coast mirrors, even though not Factory correct, were available aftermarket, & at the Dealerships back then.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 384
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 384
www.truckandcarshop.com have wide mirrors.
I have one on left side, and will change both to new ones.
Check out page 17 here:

http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdVi...1ee0nwga701&page=1&viewMode=list


Mine looks like the big ones and I see everything I need even though the bed is wide as hell...

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/.../BpHom4QmkKGrHqEH-DkEuY-t54vGBLqBb9w.jpg





My Chevy Viking 1959

Ulf Hedlund. Eskilstuna. Sweden
[email protected]
Also:
Ford Galaxie 4 dr 1959
Ford Custom 4 dr 1964
Ford Mustang GT 2005
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 98
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 98
My truck originally had a cowl mounted bracket. Where the mount met the cowl was fatigued and broken out so I welded and patched it up smooth and saved the mounting bracket. Wont the original just vibrate and mess up the cowl again. Its go to stick out quite a ways to be of any use?

At this point maybe I`ll just go with some doormounted light west coasters with the rounded bubble back mirrors. Feel free to add any comments, and thankyou for taking the time to reply. John Drabik

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 98
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 98
I went with some Grote 22063 West Coast mirror frames with Grote 16101 Bubble backed mirrors. While they dont look old they dont look out of place. Thank you all for the advice.
John


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0