Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
4 members (Phak1, IHPWR, 66flea, 1 invisible),
119
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,091 Posts1,056,445 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 68 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 68 | does anyone have any info. any would be helpful. having a tough time finding tie rod ends with 1 inch thread diameter.-DVZ | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy dvzdeathtrap, I'm going to assume these are for a 1951 two ton, The Filling Station lists their p/n ML-20, must specify right and left $55.00 each, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 68 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 68 | thanks 3B. i actually found them through a-line. i appreciate the info though. -DVZ | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | I too am looking for tierod ends for a 48-53 2 ton.
No luck at NAPA in the catalogs by application, but by dimensions my best guess is 269-2097 and 269-2098. (edit probably wrong) Before I order them (through NAPA) from the manufacturer in CA with a non refundable UPS charge can anyone confirm what the NAPA part numbers should be for AD 2 ton tierod ends?
Thanks, Grigg
Last edited by Grigg; 05/05/2011 2:39 PM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | In my searches looks like original replacements might be TRW part # ES-142-L and ES-142-R
Which might be NAPA and Moog # 269-2019 and 269-2020 ??
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Grigg, TRW p/n ES142-L taper is from .874" to.783" from the end of the thread to the centerline of the stud is 3.88", and the thread is 1" X 16 L.H. the dimensions on ES142-R are the same except the thread is 1" X 16 R.H.. The ones I thought they might be are ES73-L and ES73-R, their dimensions are, taper .773 to .680 from the end of the thread to the centerline of the stud is 3.75", and the thread is 7/8" X 18 left and right hand, I hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | They are the 1"-16 left and right hand, I checked that on both the 48 and 53 2 tion axles I have. Looks like a lot of them listed on ebay for less than half price for the pair, I'll double check everything tonight and try a set if they still look suitable. (trying to fit Spicer axle/tierod arms) They do look right for the original 2 ton axle.
Grigg
Last edited by Grigg; 05/05/2011 10:20 PM. Reason: fix thread pitch
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Grigg, I can't find a single tie rod end listed with 1" X 12 t.p.i., was that a slip of the finger? | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | It was, 1"-16 is what I meant to say...got confused with the larger 1.125"-12 I'm also dealing with | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 242 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 242 | I have TRW 142 tie rod ends right and left. Price $40.00 each 1-262-392-2989 or [email protected]Marv. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Thnaks for the offer but I found a set on ebay for a nice price.
Grigg | | |
| |