The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (R&S 51 GMC, Guitplayer, Wayne67vert, Lightholder's Dad, Otto Skorzeny), 161 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 33
T
Geezer
Geezer
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 33
If so, how does it run?? What kind of mileage does it get?? Do you think it is enough engine for an around town driver??

I got a 305 & T350 in a trade for some stuff and am thinking about using the engine along with a 700R4 that I have in my 1957 3100.

Thanks, all input is appreciated.

Thirdcoast



1966 C20 LWB, 327 4 Bbl., 4 Speed
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
run it.....


1949 Chevrolet 3100

"When this thing hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some serious sh%t." -Doc Brown
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 45
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 45
I was wanting to run a 305 in my '49 but could'nt find one cheap , plus I already had a 350 that just needed freshening up so I am running the 350 . The factory put 305 with 700r4's together in fullsize trucks and even vans .

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 293
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 293
Go for it, it is way enough engine for around town. I had an '88 Caprice wagon with this set-up and it was really nice, even loaded on the highway.
You will not burn the tires though, ever! Even in the rain!


'57 Chevy Suburban; '70 Chevy Impala.
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 60
Z
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 60
As far as burning the tires,according to the gear ratio in the rearend,you think? Keep on Trucking!

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 319
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 319
I saw a (built) 305 in a mud truck...that thing would scream.
If a little 6 will push it around, that 305 will. 700R4 is a good choice, also.
Performance and fuel mileage will depend on rear end ratio, carburation, tire size, etc.

cm


If you can't fix it with a hammer and screwdriver, you need a bigger hammer.
1965 Chevy C10
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
Should be a good setup.I am running a 350 with a 700R4 and it performes very nice.Also using the stock 3:90 rear,and the OD makes all the difference,economy wise.

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 33
T
Geezer
Geezer
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 33
Sorry, did not cover the rear end.. I am leaving the stock 3.90 rear gear and am going to run 235-75X15 tires that have an overall height of 28.8".

This will give me 2230 RPM @ 70 MPH..

I will probably build a 350 later, but I have this 305 & it was basically free...

Thanks,

TC


1966 C20 LWB, 327 4 Bbl., 4 Speed

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0