| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,374 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 388 | My truck is converted to 12V system, none of my cluster gauges work. I want to know by 12V conversion what part of the gauges are affected, battery gauge, fuel gauge. Water and oil gauges do they care what volt is it. I want to restore myself, where do I start
Appreciated all your support
Ganesh | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 | The ammeter doesn't care if it's 6V or 12V, the water temp and oil pressure guages are mechanical, not electrical. That leaves the fuel guage. There are some on here who have run their stock fuel guages on 12V for years with no problems. Others opt for a voltage dropping resistor that can be purchased from many of the parts vendors. Also, the bulbs that light the cluster need to be changed to 12V. Hope this helps. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 388 | Thanks Waldo, so all I need is voltage reducer for fuel gauge. All my light bulbs are 12 V. I will give it a shot and see where it goes.
Ganesh | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 150 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 150 | I realize this wasn't your question, but for what it's worth; The heater blower motor will need voltage dropping resistor if it's still 6V, might want to check the ignition coil and the Generator / Alt if its also been changed to 12V.
Good Luck | | |
| |
| |