| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,213 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 10 | I posted this question earlier in the 60-66 forum as a reply to an older post I had on my trucks, but realized it might be more appropriate as a new post here.
I have my Dad's 65 C30 1 Ton Dually Flatbed and am going to get it back on the road with some help from a mechanic friend. I plan to save the original split rims, but I want newer one piece rims. I have two nice one piece steel rims for the front that Dad found somewhere. Thought I'd start looking for rear wheels or maybe a whole set while the truck is being worked on. Rear tires are mud grip type tread and say 7.5-16LT. I think I can find some used wheels locally, but wondering if anybody has some experience as to what year Chevy dually wheels will fit my truck (65 C30, Short Wheelbase, Dual Wheels with a flatbed and stock brakes). | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 74 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 74 | I've got a '62 dually that had the original lock ring type wheels on the rear and newer one piece rims on the front. I wanted to replace the rears with one piece rims as well but here's what I found out. The inner rear wheels need to be the flat base type centers to clear the brake drums and the more modern rims are drop centers which won't clear the brake drums. So what I've got is the newer one piece rims on the outside rear and the old flat base on the inside rear. The newer rims are hub centric and I didn't have to change the studs.
Running radials up front and bias plys in the rear. So far, so good... | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Some 17.5" wheels, if you can find them might fit? Pretty sure 19.5" wheels will fit, and you can find those if you look.
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 10 | Thanks, Slick Willy. I thought those brake drums might be an issue. I'll probably stick to looking locally so I can hopefully test fit wheels. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 10 | Thanks, Grigg. I'm seeing some interesting stuff out there so I'll just have to go check some out and maybe test a couple. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 59 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 59 | ON my 66 c30 I used 16" rims from an 81 or 82 c30. drilled the hubs out to fit the 9/16 lug bolts and used 215/85R16 radials. no clearance problems,the rear duals don't rub,and the truck rides and handles much better | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 10 | Much appreciated, Graygander. It's really helpful to know what has worked for some of you guys out there. | | |
| |
| |