Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,321 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 9 | I recently purchased a '54 chevy pickup and it has a heater with no controls. Appears it bolts to the passenger kick panel and has ports for window defroster. I've searched manuals for a diagram, pic, etc and haven't found one yet. If any of you could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
thanks Stickler Louisville, KY
Stickler 1954 Old Red Truck Louisville, KY
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 9 | Tim,
Tim Thanks for the tip. I do believe the heater is a GM recirculating verson. Question on the manual you posted, it was a
1951 Chevy Accessories Installation Manual.
are the '51s the same for '54?
kindest regards,
Stickler
Stickler 1954 Old Red Truck Louisville, KY
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Almost exactly the same. I think the emblem and how it attaches to the case is one difference; and, one of the defrost hoses might be a different diameter (with different ducts that attach to the dash). If I am wrong, we'll hear about it.
Good luck.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 368 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 368 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Jimmi, In 1953-1955, that heater is usually called an Air Flow Heater and it attaches to the side wall. In earlier years, similar "de luxe" heaters were more commonly called a Fresh Air Heater (look at page 27 in the installation manual that I linked to, above) and those earlier heaters did not have the interior door as found on the 53-55 version (as Jim Carter describes). The Recirculator (Recirculating) Heater (also shown) attaches to the firewall. And, as I indicated above, this heater changed very little over the years. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 9 | Tim and Jimmi, Perfect!
This is what I needed. Thanks so much for your assistance.
Larry Stickler Louisville, KY
Stickler 1954 Old Red Truck Louisville, KY
| | |
| |