The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#709253 01/06/2011 12:41 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 21
3
New Guy
New Guy
3 Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 21
What is the best source for a rebuild kit for a 1957 Saginaw heavy duty 4-speed? I want quality parts at a reasonable price. Trans looks good so I am just looking for the bearings, gaskets and blocking rings.


1957 Chevrolet 3600 project truck
and a few Trans Ams.

http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/3tas4us/1957%20Chevy%20Truck%20Project/
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 21
3
New Guy
New Guy
3 Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 21
Thanks! I see I have a Muncie and not a Saginaw. I have the factory service manual for the truck but nowhere does it say what the transmission is. I figured it was a Saginaw. I learn something new everyday with these trucks.


1957 Chevrolet 3600 project truck
and a few Trans Ams.

http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab192/3tas4us/1957%20Chevy%20Truck%20Project/

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0