| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,391 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 86 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 86 | Hi All, I've been working on a front suspension swap for my 66 c20 daily driver, Ol' Green. Rather than rebuild the original front brakes (again) and A-arm bushings (frozen) I picked up a front suspension cradle out of an 83 C30 from a guy on craigslist. I was surprised how well it fit! I only had to drill 2 holes and elongate 2 others. Today I'll finish bolting it in and hooking up the steering and idler arms. On the holes in the frame pics, the re-enforcement plates show where I had to work on the the new holes. Here are the pics: Removed suspension Donor Left Frame Right Frame
JC in KC "The future will be better tomorrow." Dan Quayle 1965 Chevy C10 Long Fleetside
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | Hey JC. It looks like you are on the move again, with Ol' Green. I can't wait to see her in action again. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 109 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 109 | I put a 72 front end in Deb's 65 and was surprised at how easy the whole thing bolted in. Of course, it took me 3 years of looking at it before I did it.
'65 C-10, 65 L-60, 65 C-80, 72 C-60 & and a bunch of old Chevy cars. Never time to do it right, always time to do it over.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | Hey JC. Any updated photos? Bring Ol' Green by the shop when you get her done. I would like to see your handy work, plus I have some cool projects you might be interested in. Happy Thanksgiving. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 86 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 86 | I did get the suspension and brakes completed last week, but not the motor. I finally learned to make double flare ends for the brake lines! Here's a shot with the new suspension and brakes installed: Brakes
JC in KC "The future will be better tomorrow." Dan Quayle 1965 Chevy C10 Long Fleetside
| | |
| |
| |