The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jon G, Hush, 1955 1 Series, Shade Baby, Gray_Ghost), 227 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,102
Posts1,056,185
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#693052 11/08/2010 1:39 PM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 19
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 19
Good Morning Guys,
About the time I think I'm ready to ride (53 3100 with 54 235 car eng.) something else comes up....(gotta love it)
I was going to adjust the valves last weekend. When I pulled the valve cover the first thing I noticed was the supply tube that delivers oil to the rocker shaft was broken, (but only in three pieces Ha-Ha) & no oil being delivered to the head. lot of slop in the rocker arms. I have seen two different oil filters 1 is full flow & 1 is by pass. The one I have installed in the canister I believe is the full flow. Could this have any thing to do with not getting any oil to the head? I don't know what to do next. Are parts avalable to rebuild this head? Rocker shaft/arms etc.

Thanks,Melvin


If it ain't broke, fix it till it is
mtkr14 #693126 11/08/2010 6:24 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
Call Jim Carter's they have alot of used stuff to replace your's there are #s. on the rockers and you might want to get a list going ,you can get new shafts from them to I would think thats all you will need ,also get a new supply tube.

On the rocker #s there are intake and exhaust #s they may be the same so you have to tell them # 3 intake or #3 exhaust rocker etc,etc.

Pete

Pete52 #693178 11/08/2010 9:16 PM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 19
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 19
Thanks for the info Pete, I'll do that.
And I thought it was "Rooster Cogburn 1880"

Thanks Again, Melvin


If it ain't broke, fix it till it is
mtkr14 #693318 11/09/2010 4:15 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
I guess I'll just have watch it again,DARN.

Pete

Pete52 #693323 11/09/2010 4:32 AM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 19
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 19
That cracks me up....I was thinking exactly the same thing!


If it ain't broke, fix it till it is

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0