The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (78buckshot, 49oneton, Napco Man, Otto Skorzeny, tclederman), 121 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,623
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Hello all.
I'm in the research phase of restoring my old '36 1.5 ton truck. Right now, there is no bed on it...just a piece of plywood placed on top of the frame. I'm new in the truck world, so I've been looking at pics of other old trucks like mine, and their beds. Seems to be alot of different kinds of bed configurations. I assume the VIN would tell me what kind of bed it had, right? Were there basic bed choices offered by Chevy in '36? I'd like to choose one that I like, then research what it will take to build it and attach it to the truck. Thanks for any info!

Jeff

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 65
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 65
I'm not an expert on 36 models, but in most cases, Chevrolet offered only a Stake and a Platform body. Outside body builders in the owners area built the other types of bodies and mounted them on the cab and chassis. This means that you can have some freedom in what you put on. Pictures from that time period might show what was in use then and how the body looked. You could probably find a body builder that would customize a new body to look like what was available then. They're used to doing special modifications.


51 Chevrolet Canopy Express
02 K25 Duramax Crew Cab
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Thanks! I've been looking at alot of old photos to check out the beds. When it's time, I'll just go with one I like.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0