The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, klhansen), 119 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,357
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#671451 08/19/2010 2:50 AM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2
I know the profile of my new foam door gasket, for 46 chevy pu, the groove goes up to get rain to run around and down,...but does the long vertical leg face the inside of the door edge or the cab opening? My truck had none to compare and I've found no answer in parts and rubber catalogs. (I suspect the long leg is to the inside door edge). I don't want to glue it on the wrong way. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Hi Curt. I think you '46 is same as my '40. The flat part ( vertical leg ? ) is pinched between the body and interior trim pieces. Only the " bulb " part is exposed. The door closes against this to seal the opening.


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0