The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (MickeyP, 2-Ton, 1955 1 Series), 122 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,624
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 13
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 13
Does anyone make the rear patch panel? The fenders I have are pretty good but I am missing about the last inch on the back of them. I don't think I have the ability to make this panel.

I tried searching the archives for this but was unable to find any threads. If I missed it please post it for me. Thanks.

Steve


Some people say I suffer from insanity, in reality, I enjoy every minute of it!
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 13
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 13
I don't believe so. In the ad it says that it's where the running boards bolt to, I don't need that panel (I already have it) I need the other end of the fender. The back side.

I called them to make sure, and they said they do not have that panel.


Some people say I suffer from insanity, in reality, I enjoy every minute of it!
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 13
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 13
I sent him a message.

I can't be the first to need these? Do others just make something also?


Some people say I suffer from insanity, in reality, I enjoy every minute of it!
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 388
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 388
If we cannot find a reproduction patch panel, can you buy a old fenders from ebay or swap meet and cut off those pieces and weld. Because at my skill level I can make a patch panel on the side where it bolts to running board but the opposite side of the whole fender is hard.

See the patch I couldnot find anywhere so I made one myself

http://picasaweb.google.com/ganeshgavara/FenderRepair#5496410357423498338

Ganesh

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
Ganesh - good on ya, that's what it takes for much of this old stuff, fab it from scratch

Steve - as Ganesh suggests, folks often find used parts to cut up for patches, with the complex shapes sometimes it's the only alternative - no available patches for a lot of things, Ray is very good for some custom "limited production" pieces, but he's the only one I've ever heard of, and if he hasn't already done that exact piece he needs a good original as a pattern

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0