The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (‘37ChevyPU, Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, CuzzFuzz, Shaffer's1950, SlimSix, TrknGMC, 1 invisible), 81 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,451
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#663936 07/20/2010 10:54 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 20
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 20
Greetings,

I've stripped off the rusted/broken tripod mirrors that were affixed to the doors of my '59 1.5ton.
In a perfect world (for me) I'd like to install the factory style mirror arms for the larger trucks. Looking at the assembly manual, it mounts in the same spot as the 3000-series trucks but it has a hinge and much longer arm.
I've done quite a bit of searching and can't find any similar reproduction items. I've actually purchased the 3000-series arms (reproductions) with the idea of creating my own...but without a welding setup, this wouldn't turn out very cleanly.

Interested in opinions on where to go from here, as I most certainly need mirrors. I'm not a fan of the huge tripod mirrors...so anything other than that smile

If anyone is curious about the Assembly manual diagrams depicting the larger-truck mirror arms, I'd be happy to scan and upload. Just lemme know!

Take care,
--Denney


1958 Chevrolet Viking 60
Assortment of photos
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
Junk yard. Also post in the parts section on stovebolt.com That is where I located mine. Somebody on this site has what you are looking for...



Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 20
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 20
Thanks! Just got a posting into the "Wanted" section. I've got some ebay searches automated for parts related to my truck but I can see it'd behove me to search more generically as many times folks don't know what exactly they have for sale.


1958 Chevrolet Viking 60
Assortment of photos
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
dliptak,

Look at my 1957 Fire Engine in the gallery...I believe I am running the mirrors you are looking for.

They are mounted to the door with back to back ell brackets that are cut and drilled to the same shape as the pickup brackets base. The mirror arm is a piece of pipe that is flattened on both ends and drilled. The only tricky part about making a set would be getting the ends "indexed" correctly. The door end is flat parallel to the ground while the mirror end is more verticle. I'm not able to look at my truck this week, but can take measurements this weekend if needed.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0