| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Jon G, DadsFirstPickup, dt235sd, TUTS 59, RLB, Otto Skorzeny, 52Carl),
166
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,714 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 78 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 78 | Can anybody confirm that the windshield from a TF 'Burb is the same as for the trucks?
I found a mobile glass place locally that claims they will do a '59 Suburban (spcifically listed on their site) for barely more than buying the windshield at the local parts place. I'll gladly pay the extra $20 to not have to go through that again. 1959 Chevy 3/4-ton (pics posted soon)
I child-proofed my house, but my kids keep finding their way back in. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,101 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,101 | They are all the same. The only difference being the rubber gasket. Some have provisions for the stainless trim. Fred
1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes 1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes 2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans 1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | how much for WS installed?
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 194 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 194 | I found the same thing on my 58 truck. Very large difference in price, it pays to shop around.The installed price almost what I would pay for the windshield . They had a tough time installing the windshield, two men for 2hrs.I gave them a good tip, they earned it. I had a similiar problem with a 54 truck,I broke one windshield , the installer broke one, the third one worked fine. The 58 was much more difficult than the 54. The wrap around corners were a bear. Convinced me to use a installer next time. Good luck. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 78 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 78 | The price online (to be confirmed by calling in the appointment) shows as $195. The windshields available locally run about $170-180. Seems like a no-brainer on the surface. 1959 Chevy 3/4-ton (pics posted soon)
I child-proofed my house, but my kids keep finding their way back in. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | I don't think they know what they are pricing at those prices. Impossible!!!! It will go up or I'll eat crow.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | careful - all them feathers tickle the throat  the TF windshields have been around 200 up here for a long time Bill | | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 226 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 226 | The problem I had on my 56 was that yes, they had a price and they give a hour to do the install.
In real life.. It took them over 3 hours until they listened to me and then they had it finished in a half hour. but, JC Taylor was paying for the broken windshield. and they know it all and don't listen to a restorer.
I don't think they will do that again. They had 4 guys working on it. Not one of them have worked on a old car or truck. Go figure Poets Seat AutoAppraisals, Parts, ServicePast: General Motor's Master Technician Member: Northeast Chevy/GMC Truck ClubPhone Number: 413.774.5856 Collector of: 1951 Army Chevy Burb barn door,53 GMC COE,two 1934 Chevy Truck,1935 Chevy Army Truck.1950 Gmc Suburban clamshell these are just my chevy/gmc trucks.
| | |
| |
| |