| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (baldeagle, Southerntruck, Hanks custodian, Woodcmiami, J Lucas, Rusty Shackleford, TooMany2count),
79
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,398 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#64363 08/15/2006 12:00 AM | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 7 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 7 | I guess I should have posted this in here, so here goes...I want to install a Small Block 400 with a 350 Turbo into my '61 Suburban and I am wondering what is the best way to approach this. It had a 6 cylinder in it, with the motor mount brackets welded to the frame on each side. I would rather bolt on motor mount brackets but on a '61 there aren't any holes in the frame. Is it safe to drill holes in the frame to mount these brackets, should I weld them on, or is there a kit that can be purchased to mount a V8 into a '61. What other pitfalls should I be aware of before I proceed with this transplant...clearance issues, driveshaft??? | | |
| |
| |