| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,304 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 12 | Have just got the chevy out from its winter storage and having checked things over I discovered that that the thermostatic spring that controls the heat valve on the exhaust manifold has given up the ghost and I need a new one, I see chevs of the 40's carry one for chevs up to 1954 the thing is I am running a 1955 235ci bolt, would it be ok to use this spring if not can anyone tell me where I find one to suit a 55 engine ? and in the meantime bearing in mind that I live in the UK and 55 235 parts are a bit thin on the ground what position should the balance weight be in to for normal driving as it may be a while untill I can source a new part. Regards RR.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 |
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 1,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 1,644 | You will have to bend it tighter or looser alittle to get it to work right, after you put it on than start the engine and you'll see witch way to bend it you'll have to take it off and carefully with a pair of pointed pliers in the center coil it tighter or open it up alittle so it will close the heat riser at the right time,I just got done doing mine ,it took a few times to get it right but now it closes as the temp gauge gets around 110-120 degrees. I have a 216 in my truck but I also have a 54 235 sitting in the garage and they both have the same coil on the heat riser Pete
Last edited by Pete52; 04/19/2010 1:42 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 12 | Thanks for the info Guys will order one right away and hope it will get to me eventually, if the planes start flying in this part of the world again.
RR. | | |
| |
| |