The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gray_Ghost, Shade Baby, WarEagle1, Jon G), 114 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,102
Posts1,056,184
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#636386 04/10/2010 1:51 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 164
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 164
I picked up this 1950's clark 5K forklift just for the forks, its tired but everything works. What do you guys think I should do with it? scrap it, part it or sell it? http://s830.photobucket.com/albums/zz230/19511979chevgmc/ oh and I think it has a 54 chevy steering wheel and gas pedal?

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
If it all works hang onto it and use it until repair cost outweigh it's usefulness, which is unlikely to ever happen.

I lucked into a forklift and have been amazed how handy it is, pretty sure I can't live without one now..

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 841
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 841
i think you need to donate it to a fellow chevy truck lover in springfield, mo. just kidding! i run into this all the time with stuff. i would try to sell it for more than the price of scrap. sometimes people don't even want to pay that, in that case i do just scrap stuff. if you wait too long you run the risk of it not starting or something and then it will be a pain to move. hang on as long as possible if you got the room. as soon as you scrap it you will run into someone willing to pay more than you are asking. good luck.

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 164
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 164
I guess I'll try to keep it for now, but 90% of the time I need a 4 wheel drive. I was/am going to remove the forks and the mounting trey and weld on a quick attach plate so I can use it on my tractor.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
Sounds like that decision is up to you. However,it would be a handy piece of equipment to have around.Once you scrap it out it is gone forever.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 240
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 240
Don't scrap it, to many usable parts, put it on Craigs List.


You Learn more Listening than Talking
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 256
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 256
Originally Posted by garandboy
I picked up this 1950's clark 5K forklift just for the forks, its tired but everything works. What do you guys think I should do with it? scrap it, part it or sell it? http://s830.photobucket.com/albums/zz230/19511979chevgmc/ oh and I think it has a 54 chevy steering wheel and gas pedal?

Small world, I have a '63 that looks identical to yours. I haven't had to service it yet, but how do open the cover above the engine? I looked at it real quick and didn't see any obvious handles/levers.

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 164
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 164
Ferndale53 sent you a PM, I got it on 2 wheels today and decided to sell it and if I cant then part it and scrap the rest. for me its too narrow and its just an old unsafe machine. thank for the advice guys


Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0