| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (51sub),
128
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,338 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 164 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 164 | what trans would be in a 62 4000 with a V6? a sm420? and what type of clutch? I am thinking of buying a 62 4000 and need to know if it is something I can do. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 128 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 128 | I recently picked up a 62 GMC 4000 box truck, pics . Im still researching mine but I would think that would be the trans. with a hydraulic clutch.This guy has some info but not alot on these trucks,great info on the V6 though, 6066GMCGuy Good luck | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | A lot of the GMC's used the New Process trans. You can ID them they have an alum. top cover. It's not as good a trans. as the SM420. The V-6 used a recessed flywheel & a clutch of it's own. They are hydraulic operated. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 164 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 164 | how hard are they to replace? the truck I'm looking at has 17,000 miles (its a fire truck)and they say the clutch needs work. I'm thinking the hydraulics are bad and could be somewhat easy to fix. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 165 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 165 | Generally the slave cylnder gives fits with the hydro clutch, I've never lost a clutch in one of those trucks and we've run ours heavy duty, easy to fixnapa should have the kit or a complete unit. | | |
| |
| |