| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,558 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#62463 07/02/2006 9:28 PM | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 582 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 582 | Been doing the plumbing of the H/W carbs, fuel log and Offy heating plate. Not done yet but posted some pics. http://community.webshots.com/user/geezer | | |
#62464 07/03/2006 12:29 AM | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 887 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 887 | That looks great! I really like the pressure guage and pressure regulator set up. Very sharp!
Looks like you used stainless pipe for the intake heat and the fuel lines.
'51 Chevy 1/2 ton w/'62 261, HEI, offy, fentons, dual carter/webbers, t-5 & 12 bolt posi
| | |
#62465 07/03/2006 12:41 AM | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 1,317 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 1,317 | Great pics! Am following your project closely (the highest form of flattery) and am seriously considering the H/W route myself. Will be interested to see if they perform as flawlessly as your craftsmanship.
Dave | | |
#62466 07/03/2006 6:10 AM | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 | Great pics geezer.Are those stainless exaust pipes from patricks ? Looks great. 1951 3100 Chevrolet1951 Chevrolet Suburban CarryallImage"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams." "Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything" "If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
| | |
#62467 07/03/2006 11:07 AM | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | geezer,
That's the best photo tutorial I have ever seen.
- Did you have to ask Tom Langdon to weld the casting plugs in photos 46/48?
- photos 55-58 : what is the NAPA kit #? Did the 1/2" NPT fittings come in the kit (if not, do you have part #s)?
- photos 65/66 : did you paint the manifolds?
Nice work on the engine and on the photos and on the narratives.
Tim | | |
#62468 07/03/2006 1:47 PM | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 582 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 582 | Thanks! Did use all stainless steel for the pipe and fittings. 3/8" for the fuel lines from pump to log and 5/16" to the carbs. Intake heat lines are also 3/8" SST. Got it all from McMaster Carr. The exhaust system is the stainless kit from Patrick's. Tim; the plugs were already welded in the intake when I got it from Tom L. The remote filter kit from NAPA is shown on their website. I'll try to find the PN for you. Came with everything but the filter and the mounting bracket I made to accommodate it. Most of the fittings and 3' of hose were in the kit. The elbows I got from my local plumbing/HVAC supplier. The one elbow with the oil pressure gauge fitting was made up by my neighbor Hank. I bought the heat shield off the net from some racing shop. Goes over the hose and seals up with Velcro. Supposed to withstand 2000 deg F indirect and 1200 deg direct contact heat. The exhaust pipe closest to the engine clears it by about 1/2". I painted the manifolds with Seymour's Cast Blast paint. I ordered a case (6 cans) directly from Seymour and bypassed buying it from the repops where they charge more. Hopefully it'll last long enough but I'm sure that it'll rust through before long. At least it'll look pretty for a few pics when it goes back into the truck. More bending today I hope! | | |
#62469 07/08/2006 12:57 PM | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 582 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 582 | Finished the plumbing for the most part. Some additional pics shown at the end of the engine rebuild album. Any good ideas on clamping/separating the lines with a more permanent clamp? Can't seem to find anything suitable yet. http://community.webshots.com/user/geezer | | |
| |
| |