The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (46 Texaco, sron48), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#612067 01/21/2010 4:59 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 98
W
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 98
I was looking at tcp global's site. Has anyone used their Restoration Shop urethanes. It's much cheaper than PPG, and i was looking for people's opinions. Thanks

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 93
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 93
watsjoe:
I have been using their single stage urethane for two solid colors (white and blue) to do a two tone on my 1966 Gmc. I am very pleased with their paint. Please keep in mind I am a noobie on body and paint, however.

Being a noobie, I was very hesitant to spend the big dollars that it would take to use PPG or another name brand. So far, no regrets on the TCP.

Regards,
Steve
New Orleans

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
I'd be very interested in the quality and durability as well.

Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
I am also interested in this this paint.
Can anyone tell me the advantages of this over the single stage enamel?

Rich


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 203
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 203
Also looking for the same thing if anyone out there has more comments...


Dave
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 70
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 70
i've used the urethane on two vehicles (I am a hobbyist). I thought it laid down better than dupont centari (the only other auto paint I have ever used) and I have read that it is simply relabelled PPG Omni (I have no way to confirm that - I've just seen it posted in other forums).

One note of caution - I was very disappointed with their "factory match" color for a vw i was spraying. I would not recommend buying this paint for a factory correct style project where you want the color to be very accurate.

urethane paints are more like plastic than acrylic enamal. They are marketed as being more durable (UV resistance, chemical resistance and abrasion resistance). I think it's true, but only because I tend to believe manufacturer's claims and they all claim this.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0